Constipation is common in America. Estimates indicate that millions of people suffer from constipation in the United States. And more than 2 million also suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). There are many causes of constipation and there are various methods that will result in some form of relief from constipation. The purpose of this article is to focus on the natural home remedies that are useful in the relief of constipation and make people aware of the serious consequences of chronic constipation.
1. Drinking at least six glasses of water daily is helpful. A large amount of water aids quick digestion and enables easier bowel movement.
2. Adding roasted black gram powder to chapatti made of wheat including the husks too can enhance constipation relief.
3. Blackstrap Molasses is very good. Beware that it has a strong taste. Suggest adding it to fruit juice or milk when taking it. All that is needed is two tablespoonfuls of blackstrap molasses just before sleeping at night.
4. East a good portion of sauerkraut or take half a cup of cabbage juice twice a day. This is effective in treating constipation.
5. Eat a mango in the morning right after brushing before breakfast, and one at night after dinner. There is a guarantee that you'll have to "go" before nightfall.
6. Mix Spiegel seeds and warm milk. This can be done by dipping the seeds, 5-10grams in 200 grams of warm milk, add sugar and you have for yourself an effective treatment.
7. For those suffering from chronic constipation, take a drink of figs dipped in water in the morning. You will find yourself looking for the next available toilet.
8. Pouring a whole sachet of Andrew's Liver Salt in a glass of water sand gulping it down immediately will also produce fast constipation relief.
A poor diet can result in chronic constipation and other intestinal diseases such as Irritable Bowel Disease (IBS) which could evolve into more serious and even life threatening diseases.